Certificate of Separation if Less Than 65 Years Old for SSS Retirement Claim

Am I Required to Submit a Certification of Separation When I Claim My SSS Pension at Age 60?

Question from an SSS Member:

I am an SSS voluntary member. I'd like to know, should I retire at 60 years old, whether I'm required to get a certificate of separation from my last employer, way back 1989.
Since then, upon resumption of my SSS contribution last 2006, I am paying in the capacity of a voluntary member.
Are there any options or alternatives of getting equivalent or other related requirements in lieu of the certificate of separation?
I am just projecting this scenario, though I am only 52 years old at this moment.


If your status is EMPLOYED to VOLUNTARY MEMBER, you will no longer be required to submit a Certificate of Separation.
 Check your member status in your online SSS account.

Others Who Are No Longer Required to Submit a Certificate of Separation or Proof of Cessation of Business:

Self-Employed to Voluntary Member
OFW to Voluntary Member
Self-Emploted to OFW
Employee to OFW

Underground Mineworker 60 years old or older
Employed, Self-Employed or Voluntary Member 65 years old or older

Source:  SSS Citizen's Charter, 2016 Edition (Page 81)

1 comment:

  1. Financial Cash Available Here From $3k to $1 million Are you looking for Financial Cash My company is giving out Cash to people looking for Financial Cash to

    stat new Life My offer is very fast and understanding We which the helpless people The opportunity to get back their happiness with good and understanding

    TERMS AND CONDITIONS Interested people should I'll
    advise contact us via email at
    Calling +918929490461
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim